Wednesday, April 14, 2010

English Class Summary

I have enjoyed my English 402 class this semester. The two things I have learned are how to write good memos and the concept of rhetoric. I have gained tremendous confidence in my writing ability through the required memos in the class. It has been many years since my last English class and I wasn't sure how I would do. I am now confident I can write good memos in the workplace. I can't wait to experience this for the first time.
The concept of rhetoric will also be something I will never forget. I realize I am almost always thinking about rhetoric when I see a commercial on television. My wife gets irritated with me when I point out the rhetoric being used in commercials.
I also enjoyed the group project. I think we did a good job. The marketing kit turned out great. It looks so authentic, I think we should consider actually making the product. This project made me realize that anyone could market a product. You don't need to have a big budget to create and implement a good idea. Just people who care and want to succeed.

No comments: